Warren Buffet Wisdom
- The five best success tips from Warren Buffet gleaned from 120 hours of his annual shareholder meetings with Berkshire Hathaway.
I came across an article recently on Inc. online that talked about the five best success tips from Warren Buffet gleaned from 120 hours of Berkshire Hathaway annual shareholder meetings from present day, back to 1994. I really liked them a lot, and thought I’d share them here:
- Develop your public speaking skills. I started doing this a long time ago when I went through the United States Military Academy, because they knew it was that important, and it certainly has helped me throughout my lifetime.
- Read the book, The Intelligent Investor, by Benjamin Graham. I haven’t read this one yet, so it’s on my reading list, but I’ve heard again and again from others how good it is, so check that one out when you can.
- Wear your passion on your sleeve. This has made a big difference in my life, as I know it has for many others. I just love helping people with money, and that’s why I do these videos, and it’s what gets me excited when I wake up every morning.
- Take the optimistic viewpoint. There’s an outstanding book on this called The Rational Optimist by Matt Ridley. It discusses how it just doesn’t make sense to be pessimistic and how taking the optimistic viewpoint can help in absolutely anything.
- Pick someone you admire and adopt their qualities. I’ve had multiple mentors throughout my life, and I’ve adopted many of their better qualities over time. It’s made a big difference for me.
I really love what Warren Buffet has to say here, and he has been on this earth quite some time now, so he’s got a lot of wisdom that he’s shared over the years that I thought I’d share with you.
Until next time, enjoy.
Inertia, often caused by being overwhelmed, keeps smart people from planning. TransformingWealth™ , Coyle’s proprietary approach, is designed to get your arms around the big picture so you can make informed financial decisions. Take the first step to living the Good Life Managed Well™, and schedule a complimentary TransformingWealth Preview Meeting.
Gary Klaben is in our Glenview, IL office and serves our clients who are now located all over the country. He has over 30 years of experience and is the author of Changing the Conversation, Wealth of Everything and co-author of The Business Battlefield. Whether advising his clients, mentoring his team, or coaching entrepreneurs, he is always simplifying complexity and motivating others to take the next action that’s right for them.
We value your comments and opinions, but due to regulatory restrictions, we cannot accept comments directly onto our blog. We welcome your comments via e-mail and look forward to hearing from you.