Are You Happy?
- The old adage that money doesn’t buy happiness is very true, but being happy is actually something you can control.
- A few things that can make you happy are being present, being in flow, being grateful, and building and maintaining relationships.
I really love that song, “Happy,” by Pharrell. It came out in 2013, and every time I hear that song, it really does make me happy. It’s got a great beat, it’s easy to get in to, and I just love the way it makes me feel. It reminds me of being happy all the time, not just when something like a song comes on or some other outside influence.
You might have all the money you need, and that may buy you a little more comfort and set your mind more at ease, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you will be happy. What makes us happy? Here are a few things that help:
- Being present. Being fully present at your work, at home, and with your family and friends, allows you to see the world completely. It also allows you to be who you are at every moment of that time.
- Being in flow. Flow is like watching Michael Jordan in the third or fourth quarter of a game, just operating at his very best. When you are in flow, you are who you are meant to be. It’s a very gentle, soothing, easy state to be in, and it just feels natural.
- Being grateful. With the busy pace of life, it is very easy to forget to be grateful for what we have. It’s important to take the time to acknowledge the things we have, for living in a country with freedom, with our wealth, with our ease and comfort of living, and that we aren’t living in a third world country or somewhere else.
- Building and maintaining relationships. Connectivity is so unbelievably important throughout your whole life, but especially as you get older. Staying connected to others and continuing to build relationships will keep you in a happy state and engaged as you age.
You have your money, but you also have all these other elements that you control by being mindful and attentive to who you are all day long. By being present, in flow, connected to others, and grateful for everything you have, you can ensure your own happiness.Until next time, enjoy.
Learn more about TransformingWealth™ , our proprietary approach, designed to get your arms around the big picture so you can make informed financial decisions. Ask Gary about Coyle’s TransformingWealth Preview Meeting, and schedule a complimentary consultation and start living the Good Life Managed Well™.
Gary Klaben is in our Glenview, IL office and serves our clients who are now located all over the country. He has over 30 years of experience and is the author of Changing the Conversation, Wealth of everything and co-author of The Business Battlefield. Whether advising his clients, mentoring his team, or coaching entrepreneurs, he is always simplifying complexity and motivating others to take the next action that’s right for them.
We value your comments and opinions, but due to regulatory restrictions, we cannot accept comments directly onto our blog. We welcome your comments via e-mail and look forward to hearing from you.
All information is from sources deemed reliable, but no warranty is made to its accuracy or completeness. This material is being provided for informational or educational purposes only, and does not take into account the investment objectives or financial situation of any client or prospective client. The information is not intended as investment advice, and is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or invest in any particular investment or market segment. Those seeking information regarding their particular investment needs should contact a financial professional. Coyle, our employees, or our clients, may or may not be invested in any individual securities or market segments discussed in this material. The opinions expressed were current as of the date of posting, but are subject to change without notice due to market, political, or economic conditions.
Copyright © 2019 Coyle Financial Counsel. All rights reserved.